Friday, January 29, 2016

Week 3

Topic 1

– Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable. Give voice to the voiceless.

AND

– Support the open and civil exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.

These two statements are the ones that stood out to me the most when reading "Seek truth and report it; Minimize harm; Act independently; Be accountable."

Just this last term a co-worker int he Commuter office said something to me that will always stay close to me, even if I end up not pursuing journalism.

Chris Trotchie said, "Journalism is one the easiest and simplistic ways to give back to the people. I have taken so much in my life, and now I want to give back."

That is what being a writer is about. Giving a voice those who normally would not, being open minded to the creativity and opinions around us, and giving back to people in a way that informs them of the truth.


Topic 2




No comments:

Post a Comment