Friday, January 8, 2016

Week 1 News Writing

Topic 1

About me:

This will be my third term at LBCC in a journalism course. New Writing is going to put my reporter skills to the test. I am currently an undeclared major due to the fact that committing to one specific major makes me feel tied down. I am thinking of perusing a Liberal Arts degree rather than a Journalism degree.

News Writing is going to be a challenge for me because I have a hard time "hunting down" the story. It is going to push me outside of my comfort zone when it comes to interviews, but I think that this is going to be good for me. Stepping outside the box doesn't always have to be scary.

My passion outside of this class is MUSIC. Music has always had special place reserved in my heart. This last term I tried out for the advanced choir here at LB, and I got it! No big deal... Hold the applause.

Topic 2

Top Three News Writing:
1. Challenge my writing abilities with more news related topics
2. Do ALL the forum assignments
3. Challenge my shyness by interviewing more people for my stories.











No comments:

Post a Comment