Thursday, May 26, 2016

WK 9

Topic 1

The end of this term is hopefully not the end of my photojournalism experience. I would still like to dabble in the field of photo J. I think I have some growing to do as a photographer, but I enjoy it as a hobby. 

I have this bad habit of not liking to be told what to do with my creativity... Photojournalism is basically a prime example of this pet peeve. 

I just need to learn how to combine my creativity with finding the perfect compelling subject to tell a story. 

In the fall, I would like to continue to work with The Commuter and grow as a photojournalist. Just taking picture to go with each story that I write will fore me to gain experience and confidence in my photo-taking-abilities. 



Topic 2 

My favorite, hands down is Margaret Bourke-White. Her work is breathtaking.

The way she captures such captivating images while still telling such a compelling story... Can I have some of your talent please?

Her images are kind of raw, and bare, but they don't need modern edits to enhance the subject I think. She reminds me of a post-era Banksy. Banksy is a graffiti artist, but his work always brings up controversial topics with society, and I think that Bourke-White does this with her photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment