Thursday, May 26, 2016

Forum 8

Topic 1

Just looking at the example of The Daily Graphic in the history section of the text makes me realize how much journalism has changed. I can't imagine how much time and patience it must have taken to all of these sketches.

Journalism is so fast pace now. We want quick shots and snappy headlines. I see this as a benefit to the journalism world. 

Journalism is about giving to the people. Letting the people of our society know what is going on in the world. By not spending hours on end doodling up the photo of the burning house, we can tweet that image in a jiffy.

While the drawings are impressive, journalism is more about giving the people what they want, and they want it NOW.

Topic 2

For my photo story, I really would like to go to a farmers market and photograph the process of preparing the tables. 

This could be considered a feature story; showcasing the process of something for an event.

I want to do this because as summer approaches, farmers markets are a place to go for fresh summer produce. It is time sensitive and appealing.   

My image ideas are to maybe get some of the preparation of the fruit; maybe the cleansing process. The table preparation and the arrangements. Then also, customers lurking through the hundreds of cantaloupe in search of the perfect one for their fruit salad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment