Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 6 Forum

TOPIC 1

The talk with Kyle Odegard was both educational and entertaining.

Three thing that I took away from speaking Kyle was:
1. Your skills are more important than your degree. I have heard this before, but hearing it from a professional source was just a clarification.
2. Don't be too creative. Just get to the point.
3. He uses media updates for the Gazette Times on his phone.

These tips are great for aspiring journalists. Working at the Commuter is building my experience or my portfolio in a sense. Also, learning to write, savvy news is the good way to get a quality story our fast that will grab the reader's attention. Then, being the social media editor for the Commuter, the media alerts was just a great tip to stay on top of trending topics in the media.

TOPIC 2

Story #4 was a magical tale of Mary Poppins. I went to the musical that was held at CHS. I interviewed the director, and got great quotes about her journey as an actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment